2020 is the International year of Nurse and Midwife.
In our profession, we provide care to the patients holistically irrespective of creed, caste, sex and religion. All our actions are guided by strong scientific evidences generated by Nursing Research. We also take care of mental health apart from the physical aspects, rehabilitative aspects. Nurses play a vital role in community health services too. We have greatest scope in many fields.
It may be the patient centered care, or Family centered care, spiritual care, diet/physiotherapy/ Diagnostic center/ Rehabilitative center/school health services, Nurses are vital in providing care in the respective areas.
Nurses are the most trusted profession, and is independent professional body of medical practice.
Keeping the patient safety as first core principle, we work in collaboration with all other fields of medicine.
strong and strategic leadership for nursing practice is the need of the hour. Our research to be converted to policy making level. Nurse patient ratios to be maintained. Nursing leadership at all levels need to be strengthened.
All of us have the experience of caring to the patient in wide variety of problems, but its the time for us to look into our own system .
- is there place for masters nurses in specialized area in the government service?
- are private nurses being paid equally to the government service?
- is our teaching experience or clinical experience is mutually considered for next cadre promotion?
- does our researches published are being considered in policy making?
- why arts and other streams to be entered in nursing ?
- where is the place for independent practice after nurse practitioner course?
- why cant we have online CNE in India and credit hours can be get through online courses. its already difficult to attend conference as we have to travel, have to request for leave etc.,
- how many nurses are part of hospital development committe?
- skill based career progression is the need of the hour which we cannot even see in reality
- we need the leaders at each level in nursing and to be assertive to achieve the solutions to so many unanswered questions.
with the health care costs are increasing, its difficult for a common man to spend out of pocket, so nurses are the majority workforce which is available in India, are if properly utilized, Health for all is not so difficult to achieve.
Nursing Now is the opportunity for all of us to unite and raise our voices together and bring out the changes in the current system.
Hope this nurses day, our so called nursing leaders unite and achieve the things which is essential for growth of profession and also benefit the patients we care.
Happy Nurses Day