In recent times the number of cases of COVID-19 has seen a sharp rising trend, and we all know the reason for that. The government had to slowly lift the lockdown up because the socioeconomic fallout has not only threatened the livelihood of the middle-income group but has put the life of around 40 million internal migrants in a critical situation.
Lockdown is not a permanent strategy for dealing with the virus, it can only be used to postpone the aftermath of this pandemic. The healthcare system in India got more time to prepare for this pandemic as an effect of the lockdown. we got time to equip ourselves with more PPEs, ventilators and forming a strategy to combat this notorious virus.
Consequently, we have to now live with this disease until a vaccine is developed, so stay safe and stay healthy. I have been working in Covid-19 screening cum emergency ever since the outbreak and with my personal experience, I can assert that respiratory precaution and hand hygiene can give an 80% cover against this disease. The other 20% depends on your immunity, comorbidities, lifestyle and activities.
Boost your immunity by taking a good diet rich in vitamin C, drinking warm water, practising yoga/meditation at home and avoiding unnecessary use of antibiotics.
Hopefully, the situation ends soon, and we head back to living our normal life with lessons learned; keeping in mind that we protect our mother-earth and preserve our environment.
COVID-19 made us all ponder upon the fact that we have taken our lives and in particular this earth as granted. This is an eye opener and I really hope we do take our lessons home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.
Well articulated Ms. Reggie 👍